Meeting The Leadership Needs Of Healthcare Organizations
LeadersCare partners with health and related organizations to develop and strengthen leaders to meet the care and service needs of diverse populations.
Best in class health organizations lead the way by ensuring that patients/consumers receive effective, understandable, and respectful care that is provided in a manner compatible with their cultural health beliefs and practices. Leadership effectiveness is a key contributor to accomplishment of organizational goals, improved health outcomes, increased customer satisfaction, and overall employee morale.
The Rationale for Leadership Development
In an increasingly diverse society, many health leaders have not had the requisite training to lead individuals or teams in providing culturally sensitive services or care to diverse groups. National, state, and local health standards and regulations require health organizations to demonstrate competencies in delivering culturally proficient care and services.
The Department of Health and Human Services report, National Standards for Culturally and Linguistically Appropriate Services (CLAS) in Health and Health Care, provides 15 recommended standards with goals to: “advance health equity, improve quality, and help eliminate health care disparities.” Six reasons are provided for developing the standards that are either required or strongly recommended by federal and state regulatory bodies or national accrediting agencies.
1. To respond to current and projected demographic changes in the USA.
2. To eliminate disparities in health among people of diverse backgrounds.
3. To improve the quality of health and healthcare services and outcomes.
4. To meet legislative, regulatory and accreditation mandates.
5. To gain a competitive edge in the market place.
6. To decrease the likelihood of liability/malpractice claims.
LeadersCare can assist leaders in health organizations to implement one or more of the standards that are required by federal and state regulatory bodies or national accrediting agencies.
How Partnership with LeadersCare Helps Your Organization
Senior leaders in health care organizations rely on LeadersCare, LLC to partner with them to develop and strengthen front line leaders who manage diverse groups of employees, teams, or groups. Professional services are provided using the Center for Creative Leadership and John C. Maxwell leadership coaching, speaking, and training authorized or purchased materials.
A LeadersCare partnership with your organization:
- Assesses the strengths, traits, and leadership readiness of leaders who manage healthcare and health services to diverse populations.
- Conducts coaching, training, and group leadership assessments to support culturally appropriate health care and services to diverse populations.
- Assists health leaders in identifying and measuring health standards, goals, or outcomes in diverse populations served by the organization.
Contact LeadersCare to schedule a free, initial consultation.
LeadersCare assists organizations in finding the most appropriate resources from external organizations to assist in planning and conducting leadership, cultural, or community assessments based on organizational priorities.
Examples of assessment resources available:
- The John Maxwell Leadership 360 degree Assessment – online tool designed to measure levels of influence through self-assessment and feedback from others around the leader (raters). Ratings are used to target individual leadership growth.
- The Campbell Leadership Descriptor Survey – identifies strengths and areas to improve in nine key areas (David Campbell, Center for Creative Leadership, 2016). After completing the assessment survey, leaders discuss strengths and areas for improvement, and then complete an Action Plan for developing as a leader. This workshop is geared for face to face discussions.
- Culturally and Linguistically Appropriate Standards (CLAS) Assessment – An online assessment to evaluate how well organizations meet the 15 national standards.
LeadersCare provides two levels of coaching: Individual Leadership Coaching and Group Coaching.
Individual Leadership Coaching – private, confidential coaching either onsite or via teleconference.
LeadersCare works with individual health professional leaders on a one-on-one basis to help them accomplish organizational goals to advance culturally and linguistically appropriate care and services; We use evidence-based coaching materials and assessment tools that are targeted to your needs. Together, we will create a plan for you to gain clarity on appropriate services and initiatives for your leadership team based on your schedule and needs.
Group Coaching – small setting onsite or via teleconference or video technology
LeadersCare partners with team leaders in a group setting to gain input in thinking about culturally appropriate care and services. Having the entire group’s input in thinking magnifies the richness of the discussions and results in developing solutions that are above and beyond what any individual can create. The cohesive bond that is formed empowers each person to develop as leaders in a safe environment that nurtures the group.
Speaking, Workshops, and Seminars
As a Certified John Maxwell Coach, Trainer and Speaker, customized presentations are designed to fit your individual or team’s needs and budget. Sessions are available in a variety of formats, including:
“Lunch and Learn” Presentations – 60 to 90-minute presentations, delivered in a casual format that facilitates learning.
Half Day and Full Day Workshops – 3 to 6-hour leadership workshops and discussions that set foundation for ongoing development.
Webinars, Teleconferences, and other Online Delivery Methods – Virtual sessions allow remote teams to participate and can be a flexible and affordable way to have geographically dispersed teams be fully engaged.
Sample Presentations and Workshop Topics have included:
- Everyone Communicates Few Connect: What effective leaders do differently.
- 15 Invaluable Laws of Growth: Live them and reach your potential
- The Leadership Game
Are you ready to find out how we can help you succeed?
Contact LeadersCare to schedule a free, initial consultation.
Why Your Organization Should Partner With LeadersCare
LeadersCare partners with both private and not-for-profit, local and regional organizations that provide health care and services to diverse populations. The company’s team provides a variety of professional services to develop and train new, emerging, and middle managers who are on the front lines of delivering health care and services to diverse populations.
Our Company Strengths
- Nationally recognized health professionals with decades of leadership experiences in nursing, public health practice, education, research, and community engagement.
- Business focused on private, nonprofit, local and regional health organizations.
- Professional team that has coached, mentored, and trained diverse populations in public schools, universities, healthcare and community organizations.
- Supportive of agencies in meeting professional development and diversity goals.
- Expertise in building connections among diverse populations (staff, teams, customers or patients, geographical community).
- Passion for developing and strengthening leadership skills in new, emerging, and transitioning health care managers, directors, or administrators.
- Research skills and experience to assist in health-related measurement/evaluation.
- Founder certified as an independent speaker, trainer, and coach with the John C. Maxwell team, an international network of leadership experts.